Sunday, August 15, 2010

R & R

Does anyone else have a hard time relaxing?? I feel like every time I get the chance to relax my mind goes 90mph, and I feel like I can't sit still. I have 100 things that I need to do running through my head, and it's very hard for me to shut my mind off. Well, this weekend my amazing mom keep sweet Hadley while Jeremy and I ran off to Birmingham. Jeremy had an exam at 8:00am, so we had to be in Birmingham SUPER early. Fortunately, Ross Bridge let me check into our hotel at 8:30am, so I came back to the room & tried to take a nap here...




unfortunately...my mind was running, and I never could go to sleep. BUT, it was wonderful to lie there & relax!!!





Jeremy and I went to the pool during the afternoon!! It was amazing! I was a little concerned at first because from our balcony all we saw was this....





but the skies cleared, and then, all we saw was this....



PURE rest & relaxation!! (thanks mom & dad for watching the little one!!)




Here's another view from the pool. I begged Jeremy to go down this slide with me, but he refused!! :( It was SO much fun, and I could have gone down it a thousand times...along with all the other 8-10 year olds! ;)




And, I wonder....

Who sits in chairs in hotel hallways like the one above??





For breakfast, we ate at Brocks!! We've been to Ross Bridge several times before, and this is one of our FAVORITE places!! Breakfast is to die for!! Here is a sneak peak....


Ughh...WAY too much food, and I've been stuffed all day long!!


Jeremy and I had the best time. We ate tons & tons of food...went to great restaurants...and most importantly, enjoyed spending lots of time together! Jeremy, I love you more than anything in this world!!!


For anyone looking for a quick get-away...I HIGHLY recommend Ross Bridge! You won't be disappointed
!

1 comment:

Megan Weimer said...

I am so jealous! It sounds wonderful!! I would love to get away with Braxton but I just can't leave my babies yet.