Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grand

Most people don't realize that I work from home. I teach for ACCESS. Bob Riley passed a law that in order to graduate from a public school you must take an online class. I teach social sciences to students all over the state of Alabama. A lot of people also think that "anyone" can do this job...and you can, just as long as you're a certified teacher. :) So, all you stay at home mommies that are certified teachers...check out this link.

Because of my job, my mom and I travel a lot, at the beginning of school. Mom also teaches with ACCESS.




And, this weekend, we had a work trip & a mini-mommy/daughter trip. We stayed at The Grand Hotel in south Alabama, and let me tell you, it was an amazing hotel!! They serve tea, coffee, and cookies every afternoon....




What a yummy snack!



Our room was so peaceful and relaxing....


I wanted to move in!!


And, from our balcony...
we had a gorgeous view! We had dinner and breakfast out on the balcony. I wish I lived at the beach (yes, this is really the bay, but I'd take this, too)!





We walked around the grounds of the resort in the evening. They had a fabulous pool....






and, this is only part of it! The pool was huge!

And, of course, my gorgeous mother!





We had the best time ever! I'm so grateful to be making such wonderful memories with my mom. She is my second best friend (the first being Jeremy, of course!!). Mom, I love you SO much!!
Jeremy and I are already making plans to take Hadley here on a little family vacation. It really is the perfect spot. They have so much to do!! Everyone should check it out!

4 comments:

Jennifer Martin said...

I didnt know that you did that! Thats great! What a great way to be home with Hadley but still make money! Glad ya'll have something that you can both do together!

Emily said...

That is so cool that you can do stuff like that with your mom Bonnie! Thanks for sharing!
My parents love to take trips to the Grand for a little R&R. I always joke around with them and tellm them they need to take me when they go because I have heard such great things about it :)

The Brooks Bunch said...

I didn't know you did that! It sounds really neat! What did you do B.C. (before child?)??

The Cobbs said...

Kristina, before Hadley was born, I worked for Alfa as an Auto Underwriter. :)

Most people don't know that I work from home. :)