Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Letter To My Gift

Jeremy was thrilled that I started a blog, and he wanted to be part of it too, so eventually you may see some later posts from him. :) This is a letter Jeremy wrote to our "little one." I wanted to share it with everyone. When I woke up on Saturday November 1, it was on my bedside table...that is where he leaves all of his "new work." :) He is going to be an amazing father! :)

October 31, 2008

You are a magical blessing to my life. More than you could ever know. As I sit in this chair with such incredible anticipation and wonder, I cannot help but to think of how amazing it is to have had the honor of creating such a precious gift from God. How your Mother and I have been graced with your arrival, I could not begin to comprehend, nor could I put into words. It is so incredible to think of the memories that we will share, the joy that you will bring into our lives. I cannot foresee what lies ahead of us, but I truly could not imagine a better way to express myself, than to be your Father. I ask the Lord for wisdom, temperance and strength, as you are deserving of such.

I do not take the responsibility of being your Father lightly, and I know that I have a long way to go to dispel myself of the selfish ways of man. It is uncharted territory for myself, and all expecting Fathers, but I know that the light in your beautiful and innocent eyes will show me the way. I have so many questions. Will you be daddy’s little girl? Or will you be a chip off the old block? Will you possess my strengths and my insecurities? Or will you have a totally different set of skills? How will I give you the things that you need? How will I show you how to honor your loving and gentle Mother? I can only hope to model God’s wish for us, and I pray everyday that he will equip me with the steadfastness to do just that.

My child, I thank you! I thank you for showing me just how fortunate I am to love something so much that all other concerns become obsolete. I cannot predict the future, nor can I control what God has planned for our family. What I can do is my absolute best to show you everyday that you are loved and appreciated, and that you are the apple of my eye. No matter what, please know always what a gift you truly are.

I love you dearly,

Your Father.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy, that is a beautiful letter. Thanks for sharing it.