Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This & That & a little Torture!

Fortunately, the last few days have been pretty uneventful! We've gone to grandmommy's house and played outside. Hadley's favorite thing are these two fish pots on the other side of the pool. Little berries & leaves fall inside of them & she loves to dig them out and then hand them to you. I guess it's the little things in life...but, hey (!!!) whatever keeps her occupied, right?!



Sweet Face


Digging out the berries & leaves


Since Hadley has quit nursing, our bed time routine is a little different. We always start it off by going outside to get out ALL of our energy, and then we come back inside, take a bath, and go to bed. Hadley still won't let me read to her at night. It's like she knows that it's time for bed, and she DOES NOT want to sit around and listen to me read. But, don't you worry!! I do read to her...all the time! Even if she's running around the house, then I'm usually following her reading as I go. :) I'm hoping that one day she'll sit in my lap & look at the pictures & let me read to her. :)

Hadley running in our driveway. She's started this new thing where she sticks her tongue out. ??? Not sure what that's all about. :)




I love this sweet little face!!!





Well, onto the torture part of my blog!! Most of you who really know me know that I gained a tremendous amount of weight while I was pregnant! I'm not sure if I'm bold enough to share how much! But, I only have a little left to lose! I started "trying" to lose the weight in January. Before that, the nursing just made it fall off. After that point, it's like I hit a brick wall. Because Hadley was so sick, I could never take her to child watch at the Y, so I started doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred! And, BOY does it work! It is just what I needed to jump start myself back into the exercise routine. As Hadley started getting better, then I started going back to the gym & doing this.....




I HATE every single minute of the class, but I love how I feel afterwards. I have a hard time pushing myself on the treadmill in the gym. I think, "Oh, I will just walk instead of run now." Or, "Isn't 30 minutes plenty of time??" NO!! These classes somehow just push me to push myself! You might ask, "Well, Bonnie, what is your goal?" Honestly, I don't care what I weigh. I KNOW my body will never look the same. It's just different now. Any of you who have had a baby know what I mean. My goal is to fit back into my old clothes! I don't want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe! Geez! Jeremy has also started going back to the gym & this is an encouragement to me. We are eating healthier...mostly because Hadley eats what we eat, so we want her to be healthy too! Only about 1 more month until the extreme heat hits Alabama...I sure am hoping I can start wearing those old clothes!

So, what about you? How do you exercise? Any great tips on how to get your post-baby tummy looking like new again?? :)


AND...don't forget to read my post below this one! Let me know if you're reading my blog!! I'm dying to know who you are! :) I know there are more of you than those who have commented! :)

8 comments:

Amanda Mathis said...

Hey if you find a secret to the "Torture" please let me know. I have been wanting/trying to lose mine for a long time now!?!?!?

Emily said...

I think we're about to join the Y, too. Nothing (and I mean nothing) in my closet fits, and quite honestly, it's embarassing that I'm STILL wearing my maternity jeans! I used to love spinning class, too. What Y do y'all go to?

Oh, and I'm a definite Cobb Family blog stalker! Love you!

The Cobbs said...

No secrets to torture! I guess I try not to think about it before I go to the gym otherwise I'll talk myself out of it. AND...I think...child watch...it's a break! :)

We usually go to Bell Road. Sarah Smith Brown usually meets me in the morning so it's accountability too. I really love the child watch people. They take such good care of Hadley! Y'all should join & come with us! :)

The Macks said...

JM whips my butt too! I have lost about five pounds, but I haven't done it faithfully.

Heather said...

We have a Y membership, but I've only used it once! I would love a friend to go with! Those classes always seem so intimidating!!

Shay said...

Girl, I participated in my first spin class tonight since January. It was rough, but I survived! I start teaching classes again in May. None of my old clothes fit. I'm trying really hard!

The Howell's said...

What is Jillian's 30 minute shred? I am SOOOO frustrated trying to lose the rest of the weight. I too have hit a brick wall. Help! I need all of the help I can get. I want my old clothes back too!!

carolineo said...

I am about to start back with the intentional "work out" kind of thing, too. Still havent decided what will be the best use of my time, so I will let you know if I come up with something good! From one mama to another- you look great!!