Saturday, February 18, 2012

Two Months...Really??!


Seriously, are you two months old??  I kind of can't even remember what life was like without you!!  You are so wonderful, John Thomas!  He's still sleeping really well.  It's kinda like pot luck...some nights he'll sleep until 7:30am, but some nights  he'll wake up at 3:00am or 5:30am.  It just depends. :)  I can't seem to find a pattern as to why.  I try to do the same thing every night.  He's not quite 13lbs, and they say that is the magic number to start sleeping through the night. :)  

We had his 2 month check up at the doctor, and it was great.  I took Hadley with me this time.  She was very excited that she WAS NOT getting shots, but I think she WAS excited that he was getting shots.  :(  Uh Oh!!  I'm pretty sure I haven't heard John Thomas scream that loud since the day he was born.  He was NOT happy!  My poor baby.  I even cried a little, and Hadley got a little upset too.  Here are his stats from his 2 month check up:

weight--12 pounds 15 ounces (a little more than Hadley, but he weighed more at birth)
length--24 inches (same as Hadley at 2 months!!)
head circumference--15 3/4

After our appointment we met up with our friends, Sarah & Jack Brown, and we went to Pump It Up!  Hadley had so much fun, and John Thomas was loving his "Aunt" Sarah!!  We decided to go to Chappy's for lunch, and we had a great time.  John Thomas slept.  

THEN...after John Thomas' afternoon nap, he woke up with a fever.  Hadley NEVER ran fever after ANY of her shots.  It started out at 101.2.  By 8:30 it was 102.4.  I had my shoes on, and I was ready to go to the Emergency Room.  I was facebook messaging a sweet nurse friend who was giving me great advice.  I was so anxious about him being so sick from the shots he'd had!!  I talked to the Doctor because I decided to call before I went to the ER.  He said just to give him some Tylenol and just watch him (FYI--you're no longer "supposed" to give a pain reliever after shots---this is so different from when Hadley was born!).  

This morning he woke up with a 101.2 fever.  It has declined throughout the day.  I was so relieved because I really thought he was having a horrible reaction and was thinking we'd be admitted to the hospital.

Sweet John Thomas is doing great now.  My poor, sweet baby.  I hope these aren't  signs of what is to come, but I must admit that I have been soaking up lovin' on my sweet little boy.  I AM in LOVE with him!!


 2 Months Old!

 
I love my Paci...just like my sister did!!
 
 
And...I can't make a post without my beautiful girl...
 
 
 
 

No comments: