Saturday, February 4, 2012

Some Thoughts....

So, I've been thinking lately.  I have a serious love/hate relationship with both Facebook and the blog world.  I feel like so often people show the "perfect" parts of their lives, while the scary parts of life are left hidden.  I don't want anyone to be fooled by my life.  My dad was diagnosed with cancer 10 years ago this May.  It was at that point in my life that my attitude towards life and circumstances in general changed.  Before the cancer, I feel like I was a "glass half full" kind of girl.  After the cancer, I became a "glass half empty" kind of girl.  It was like if I thought the worst of a situation and things turned out better than expected then I wasn't let down.  So, in a way, my negativity is a defense mechanism.  BUT...this is not a Christ-like attitude towards life, and it is a real struggle for me sometimes to see the positive in bad situations.  So, I guess that's why you may/may not see a lot of negative on my blog and facebook...I'm trying to show the positive.  Honestly, I'm not even sure that anyone reads this silly little blog anymore, so if you do...give me a shout out and leave a comment so I know you're still with me!!

For the record, life IS hard, especially with two.  Life is full of daily challenges.  But, I'm choosing to see the good in situations.  So, if you read my blog and thing, "gosh, she sure is bragging about how well that baby sleeps!"  Just remember, I have my own set of other challenges.  I think the Lord has blessed me with a good sleeping baby because he knew I wouldn't be able to handle life without some sleep. :)  I am SO grateful for my family.  I am undeserving of my dear and precious husband who is my rock in good times & in bad.  I'm amazed at the precious gift of my two children.  It's hard being a mommy sometimes, but in those tough moments (or hours!!), I try to remind myself of all the people who can't have children, but want them...I cannot imagine how painful it would be to not be able to have children.  I'm so grateful for my family.  My parents are amazing.  They have been a tremendous help, especially since John Thomas has been born.  I have no idea what I would do without them.  I'm so thankful for my incredible brother & his family; they've loved me unconditionally, and they too have helped so much in the past couple of months.  I'm SO thankful for dear and precious friends who have helped me through several life changes through the last year.  I think the Lord puts special people like this in your life for a reason.  Last night we had supper club at our house, and all the kids were running around and having the time of their lives...I just thought, "I love that my children are going to grow up being such good friends with these precious people."

All in all...I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone has good and bad parts of life...some people choose not to show the bad parts of life.  I try not to because I feel convicted and it makes me feel like I'm complaining when the Lord has given me so much.  My life is not perfect, and I have trials and tough times every.single.day.  But, I want to remember to be grateful for what I have been given because I've been given MUCH!!  So, please don't believe that I'm trying to fool anyone into thinking that my life is perfection. 

So with all of this rambling, I'm going to leave you with some pictures of my precious babies!



Sweet John Thomas sleeping in his napper.  I love how he puts his little hands around his face. ;)



John Thomas in the beautiful little gown my mom gave him.  



 At the Park...Hadley's favorite thing!  And, I think we're going to break down and get a swing set for Hadley's birthday...so family, we're taking donations for Hadley's birthday present. :)


So we were at the park, and it was supposed to be 70 degrees...and it WAS NOT.  I had to dig through the car so Hadley could wear a jacket...this was all I could find.  She looks hilarious in it!  Sweet girl!




Melt my heart!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your heart, your thoughts and the pictures. I called and left a message on Jeremy's cell phone with DeeDee's and my donations! We love and miss you all. Marie/ReeRee

The Howell's said...

Great post, Bonnie. I had no idea about your dad. Life is so precious as you and I both know. YOu have such a beautiful family!

Emily said...

I love your honesty, Bonnie. Having a "glass half full" perspective is a good thing, and I admire your tendency to see the best in others.

By the way, I have a love/hate with Facebook and blogs, too. I've noticed lately, the more I steer clear, the better off I am! :)

Love you!

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing Bonnie!
Thanks for your honesty and your love for the Lord!

The Brooks Bunch said...

I'm still reading! Thanks for sharing. Sometimes I wonder if I share too much on my blog and how people will take me. I think that's why I haven't posted much and I don't know how to take Facebook some times either....

Megan Weimer said...

I still read! Keep on blogging!! I feel the same way about my blog. I never want to give the impression that my life is perfect, but I also don't want to blog about depressing things. :)