Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One Month

Wow!  Has it already been an entire month?!  I seriously cannot believe it.  I guess some days feel really slow, and some days feel like lightening.  My sweet mom stayed with us for the first two weeks.  She was a tremendous help, and I have NO idea what I would do without her!  She really helped make the transition from one to two so much easier!

John Thomas is a great baby!  I'm scared to even sit here and type this because I realize that babies can change day to day and week to week, and next month I might be writing a sob story about Month 2! :)  BUT, so far, John Thomas is a great sleeper and has been pretty much since we got home from the hospital.  Typically, he only wakes up once a night and will go 4-6 hour stretches (at night) without feeding.  He is an excellent nurser, too.  During the day, he eats every 3 hours.  Our schedule is 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, and the last feeding around 9 or 9:30pm.  Really, he only cries when he is hungry or cold...fortunately these are problems that I CAN fix!  Hadley had horrible gas issues & started to become colic-y around 4 weeks.  John Thomas holds his head up so well, and he is really strong...just like his sister was at this age.  He is a very content baby and often he is happier just lying on the floor looking around than being held or fussed over....this is GREAT for me!

How is Hadley??  She is adjusting well I believe.  She is so sweet to her brother.  She brings him toys, sings to him, kisses him, and always wants to hold him.  I hope they will be great friends one day!  She is jealous of me & my time...like if I'm on the phone, computer, texting, or even going to the bathroom.  I'm okay with it though.  I realize that she is just trying to find her place and make sure things are *kinda* the same.  We are already in full swing of planning her THIRD birthday party!  I cannot believe it!  I feel like it was just yesterday when she was born.

I'm doing well, too.  I'm adjusting great.  I thought I had 20 pounds to lose, but I stepped on the scale this morning and I realized it was only 15.  I'm so ready to get back in the gym, but I'm going to wait until John Thomas gets his 2 month shots.  Today, I'm starting Jillian's 30 Day Shred.  I did this when Hadley was about 9 months old, and it really jump started my weight loss.

Jeremy is doing great!  He's started back to school.  He is incredibly helpful with the Kids, and I have no idea what I would do without his help!  He works all day long and still comes home to lots of responsibility and studying!  SO thankful for such a hardworking husband who loves his family.

Well, that's all for now.  Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to blog again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the pictures and all of the updates, Bonnie! We are so very proud of you all and so happy too! We love you. Marie (ReeRee), DeeDee and Susie.