Thursday, October 7, 2010

Just wondering...

What is your MOST favorite & LEAST favorite chore to do around the house??  And, when I say "most favorite" this can be the chore that you tolerate and do not despise.  Now some of you may come out and really surprise me by saying that you love ALL chores...and I will believe that you are Superwoman and ask where your morning coffee comes from because I need some of that stuff!! 

So, here we go...my most favorite thing EVER is to walk into the house and it smell clean (of course it doesn't clean itself, so here we are left with the problem).  I never mind dusting, cleaning windows, or even straightening the house.  I even don't mind cleaning the bathrooms...sinks, showers, tubs, and toilets.  I don't even mind sweeping or mopping. I actually have a level of satisfaction after it's all complete!  I try to do a lot of these things while Hadley is at Mother's Morning Out (But since they are out for the next two weeks) I'm trying to learn how to do these things with Hadley trying to "help."  It's so precious!  Seriously!

SO...my LEAST favorite...I do not like to clean up dishes after preparing a big meal.  I do not like unloading the dishwasher either (because I guess our dishwasher has gotten old the dishes aren't dry and still covered in water, so you STILL have to hand dry them on top of trying to put them away.  *I don't mind loading the dishwasher though*

Another thing...I really don't love laundry.  I get so ambitious, and I'll start several loads (I love how the house smells as the washer & drier are going).  The problem comes when I have to get all of the laundry OUT of the drier & hang and/or fold it all.  We only have 3 people living here and I honestly think that we could clothe a small army....especially if you bring the bath towels into the mix.  So, if the laundry isn't folded as soon as the drier stops there is a great risk that the load of clothes could sit on our dining room table for 3 days.

Fortunately for me, Jeremy IS super-husband/daddy/lawyer-to-be and he helps me when I fall short!!  He picks up my slack (so we don't have to eat dinner and stare at clean clothes).  He cleans the entire kitchen every night after dinner.  What an angel he is!!!  I love you, Jeremy!

Anyway, I just thought it would be fun to see who likes what.  Cleaning tips are also more than welcome!!  Fall is in the air, and I'm ready to spruce up my house before winter comes!

1 Corinthians 10:31
Therefore, whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

7 comments:

Heather said...

well, since you asked, the chore I most tolerate is vacumming and dusting! Ethan likes to "help" me while I'm doing these and it makes it more fun. Also, I get instant gratification with the nice smelling aroma of a freshly dusted and clean house! :)
My least favorite, hmmmm so hard to choose- lol! Probably the bathrooms!!!

Emily said...

Oh, dear...I don't particularly enjoy laundry, either. I'm good for the other chores, but, laundry? Sheesh! I need to memorize the "work heartily as unto the Lord" verse. :)

The Brooks Bunch said...

Fun post! I was considering doing a cleaning post to ask how chores are divided amongst the homes of my blog readers. To answer your question, my favorite chore is vacuuming. Instant results=instant gratification. My least favorite is a tie between cleaning bathrooms and cleaning baseboards. Sydney was tearing up tissue the rubbing it on the surface of the tub. I said, "what are you doing?!" she said, "I'm cleaning" haha!!

Pink Flamingo Style said...

I actually enjoy cleaning. I would much rather clean than cook any day. I like to keep the house clean all the time in the event of any surprise guests. I'm sure this will change when I'm a mommy one day! YOU are super mom, Bonnie!!

The Macks said...

I despise laundry too! We have a really large laundry room that I hide all of the clean clothes in! There are usually about three baskets of clean laundry in there, but I always immediately put away E's laundry. Hers is just more fun to look at! All the others are pretty much on an equal playing field. I don't mind them. I HAVE to have a clean kitchen before I go to bed.

McCrory Family said...

Least favorite- mopping...probably because little footprints are left 10 seconds after I finish.

Most favorite- cleaning the kitchen! I love the smell of clorox cleaner and seeing my shiny sick and countertops! I also love to iron. Nothing like perfectly starched shirts for my hubby and bishops for my girls! :)

Emily said...

I agree with Krissy, this is a fun post. Thanks for sharing.
I really, really DO NOT like doing laundry. It always seems to be there haunting me. No matter how much laundry I do, there is always more waiting. AHH! Any other chore I can tolerate but overall, I really don't enjoy doing chores. Is that bad?? I like a neat house but will probably grunt the whole time until its done.