
Do you remember the "old days" where there were big projectors or little bitty TVS for every 3 or 4 rows? Well, now everyone gets their own little screen. You can watch a movie whenever you want, and there are tons to choose from. You can even watch certain TV shows (I did watch an episode of The Office!). You can play games or listen to music and even create your own music play lists. Thank goodness for all of this since I slept...oh maybe one whole hour during our 8.5 hour flight.
I'm super jet lagged. There were most certainly times when I questioned...AM I CRAZY??! Like, when I got off the plane in Madrid...didn't have any Euros...couldn't find an ATM, so that I could get a taxi to the bus station to Salamanca. Also, I thought I might be crazy when I was dropped off at the bus station...not speaking a lick of Spanish...trying to buy a bus ticket to Salamanca and then trying to find where to get on the bus, etc.
BUT...the Lord protected me!! And, I am here safe and sound. When my bus drove up to the bus station in Salamanca I know my sweet mom was worried sick. The bus was much later than expected...I couldn't get on the earlier bus that my mom was expecting me on.
Here is a picture of the front of my mom's dorm.
And, here I am...VERY jet lagged!
For dinner we decided to take a trip to the Plaza de Mayor. For those of you familiar with Spain, there is also one just like this one (only much bigger) in Madrid. This one, in Salamanca, is the original. It's really neat to be able to compare the two.
This is a picture of the front of the restaurant we had dinner at tonight.
Only you don't eat inside, you eat outside at tables like this....
The views are incredible. And it was amazing to see how many families were out there with their children. Kids running around with balloons...kicking soccer balls...it was really neat to watch what "daily life" is like for someone else.
This was our dinner table. They came and put one of these white table cloths down, and then just put our bread straight on the table. It was clean...but still...certainly not something you see the the States. Dinner was excellent...and certainly something I needed after a long couple of days of traveling.

Here is a picture of the Plaza de Mayor.

Tomorrow Mom and I are traveling to Santiago de Compostela! I can't wait!! :) Who would have thought that I would be on an adventure like this!! :)
To my amazing husband...I love you and miss you tremendously!! Being here reminds me our our last Europe trip together, and it makes me miss you even more!!
Hadley Baby...I think about you every time I see a sweet little girl running around, and there seem to be a lot of sweet little Spanish girls running around here!! Hugs & kisses my precious angel!!
1 comment:
I am beyond jealous of you right now. You should have taken me along with you to translate for you :)
I can't believe its been that long since we all last went to spain. That was hands down the best trip I've ever taken!! Enjoy your time there. Take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you!
Post a Comment