We went back to the doctor today for John Thomas' ear infection recheck, and his 4 month shots. Dr. M didn't want to do his shots a couple of weeks ago, with his ear infection, in case John Thomas had another reaction to the shots. Well--Dr. M was right--when we got home today, I checked John Thomas' temp. It was normal. Then I noticed he was getting warm--100.7. The new "rule" is that you aren't supposed to give tylenol unless the fever is over 101 because it can react with the vaccination. With Hadley, I always gave her meds before & after her appointment, so I don't know if she would have ever had a reaction or not. Then, I checked again, and his fever was at 102, so I gave him meds. He's sleeping right now. I'm about to wake him up to feed him & check his temp again. Other mommys & nurse friends--what does this mean? If he has a reaction to shots every time??
This picture was taken at my mom's house a few days ago--we were out for a swim. Isn't he a doll? :)
--Also, John Thomas weighed 16.5lbs at this appointment. Which means, he gained a whole pound in 2 weeks!
--Also, John Thomas weighed 16.5lbs at this appointment. Which means, he gained a whole pound in 2 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment