Tuesday, December 6, 2011

39 weeks....

Okay, this is going to be a little update and somewhat of a small, random photo dump.  I'm almost 39 weeks, and I'm feeling *pretty* well.  I'm SUPER hormonal and emotional; I don't remember being this way so much with Hadley, but I'm sure that Jeremy could tell you for sure.  I even cried today, which IS NOT like me!  I've been swelling like a crazy person (another thing that I did not do with Hadley), and it makes me super uncomfortable...just a really tight painful feeling in my feet, legs, hands, and face.  I did go to the gym last night in hopes that it would help the swelling and that it would help me sleep.  I timed myself last night, and I literally woke up every 2 hours...11:30, 1:30, 3:30, 5:15, and then with Hadley at 6:30...I guess the Lord is preparing my body to wake up to nurse John Thomas every few hours!  I go to the doctor tomorrow, so I'm PRAYING that my body is progressing.  We have a scheduled c-section at Baptist East on December 16.  We have to be there at 4AM (!!!), but the surgery doesn't actually begin until 6:30.  I'm praying that I'll go into labor on my own before that time.  I know that the Lord knows best, and I'm trusting in that.

Hadley is doing great.  She is sweet when we talk about John Thomas.  She'll kiss my tummy and rub it and talk to him.  She even has a little doll house with a baby boy, and she calls him John Thomas.  She'll rock him, feed him, and take care of him.  I honestly don't know how much she *truly* understands, but nonetheless, it seems like she already loves her brother.  

Today we went to the mall and rode the carousel.  When she saw Santa Clause, she FREAKED out, and she refused to ride the train, and she most certainly refused to sit on his lap.  My sweet mom joined us for lunch, and we walked around some more and rode the carousel again.  I do have pictures of today, but of course they are still on my camera.

Jeremy is doing well!  He has TWO exams on Saturday, so he is in full study mode!  He also had to reschedule his last exam (originally scheduled for Dec 17, the day after John Thomas is born).  He is going to take it the following week.  Please pray that he is able to rest and focus during this crazy time! :)  Jeremy has been a tremendous help to me!!  I have no idea what I would have done these last several weeks, especially, without his help with Hadley!  Do you know how hard it is to do bath time 9 months preggo??!!  It's not fun or comfortable!   He is so sweet with Hadley, and she A-D-O-R-E-S him!!!  I love to watch their relationship!  They are so fun and playful together!

Anyway, here are some pictures.  I'm going to take some nursery pictures in the next couple of days.  I think it is as complete as it's going to get, but I just need to take some shots of it. :)  Enjoy my sweet family below!


 At my cousin Stacia's wedding--
(Karlie, Hadley, Bella, and Sophie)

 In a daze...watching TV!


 At puped up, as Hadley calls it...I'm sure Jeremy will love this picture!  I'm not sure who loved it more!  Hadley.....

 or her daddy.....

I love this Man!!!  On our babymoon to Ross Bridge...we were eating brunch at Another Broken Egg...I HIGHLY recommend going if you never have been before! 

 Thanksgiving Morning! 


 Helping Decorate the tree at grandmommy's house!


 Picking out at tree....

With mommy & daddy...oh so much fun!!! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH! I want to slide down that slide with them. What tree did Hadley choose?